Since pets are part of our family, it’s important to feed them nutritious foods that will promote good health for their bones and their immune systems. We love our personal protection dogs and want to help them live happier and longer life. Many breeds can be considered as personal protection dogs, but these are considered to be the top ten: German Shepherds, Belgian Malinois, Dutch Shepherds, Belgian Tervurens, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Giant Schnauzers, Bouvier des Flandres, American Bulldogs, and the Cane Corsos. Although many dog food brands are rich in protein, such as chicken, duck, or beef, here are seven foods high in antioxidants to help improve your dog’s health which are: astaxanthin, colostrum, green-lipped mussels, eggshell membrane, phytoplankton, larch arabinogalactan, and green tea. Be sure to ask about any nutrition requirements found in a certain breed in personal protection dogs for sale.
Astaxanthin belongs to a group of compounds named carotenoids which come from microalgae. They typically come from fresh and saline waters. Here are some of the benefits from Astaxanthin:
- Promotes good joint health by reducing inflammation
- Boosts the immune system by protecting against free radical damage
- Provides good nutrients for brain health
- Eases dry eyes
- Reduces C-Reactive Protein to help fight heart disease
Be sure to give the supplement, astaxanthin, found in microalgae or krill and not a synthetic.
Colostrum is found in mothers’ milk and has been found to be beneficial to adult protection dogs. Here are some of the benefits from Colostrum:
- Boosts the immune system with the hormone, Proline-Rich-Polypeptide
- Helps fight against allergies
- Relives joint pain by reducing inflammation
- Aids digestive systems by alleviating the leaky gut syndrome
- Fights cancer with a protein called lactalbumin, which helps kill cancer cells
- Promotes the healing of wounds, as well as skin conditions
Colostrum usually comes in the form of a powder and is best given on an empty stomach. It can also be used as a paste for topical use mixed with distilled water.
Green Lipped Mussels
Green Lipped Mussels come from New Zealand waters and are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Here are some of the benefits from Green Lipped Mussels:
- Relieves pain and discomfort for protection dogs with arthritis
- Supports joint mobility
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Helps maintain healthy skin
This usually comes in powder form, but be sure what you buy is cold extracted.
Eggshell Membrane is the thin layer found in an egg between the egg white and the shell. They are a great source of glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin, and collagen. Here are some of the benefits from Eggshell Membrane:
- Provides an excellent source for improving joint health
- Helps relieve joint stiffness
There are supplements made just for dogs.
Phytoplankton is made up of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), the body’s most formidable antioxidants enzyme. It contains traces of selenium, magnesium, and iodine. Here are some of the benefits from phytoplankton:
- Protects cells by removing harmful toxins
- Boosts the immune system through antioxidants
- Improves cellular and organ functions (including liver and thyroid)
- Helps digestive issues such as EPI, IBD, and leaky gut
- Provides relief from allergies and skin issues
- Supports liver function with detoxification
A small dose is enough for any sized dog.
Lorch Arabinogalactan comes from the Western Larch Tree. The arabinogalactan is a soluble fiber found in plants and vegetables, such as carrots, corn, shitake mushrooms, pears, and coconut. They are also found in herbs like astragalus and echinacea. Here are some of the benefits from Lorch Arabinogalactan:
- Boosts the immune system by supporting “good” bacteria in the protection dog’s gut
- Protects the intestinal lining against bacteria and viruses to help control diarrhea and upset digestive issues
- Produces butyrate, a powerful anti-inflammatory, which has been proven to kill cancer cells and slow cancer growth
- Stimulates the immune system by activating natural killer cells that detect and eat cancer cells
It’s best to give your dog this product that contains at least 10 billion colony-forming units (CFU) of probiotics.
Green Tea has been proven to be very beneficial to both humans and protection dogs for fighting cancer. It’s very rich in antioxidants polyphenol. It’s best to give your dog decaffeinated green tea instead of caffeinated. Here are some of the benefits of Green Tea:
- Supports the immune system by reducing inflammation
- Enhances brain function by containing L-theanine
- Helps prevent cancer and helps kill cancer cells
The best kind of green tea to give your dog is in a capsule form that is organic. As a word of caution, be sure the green tea you choose contains a low dosage of fluoride. Fluoride has been found to weaken bones and cause teeth disease.
Be sure personal protection dogs for sale are given high-quality pet food and foods rich in anti-oxidants. Your dog will live a healthier and more abundant life with a little extra love and foods as listed above.